Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Metaphysics and Shit

Hello again Kiddies,
I was trying to think of something interesting to write about this time and a friend of mine who has been picking my brain since he found out that I'm into the whole metaphysics thing, precognition, spirits, Tarot readings and the what not. I thought that this would be a subject that has been near and dear to me since the first spirit came to talk to me when I was but a wee lad.
It just so happens that on my fifth birthday the family had gone into the woods along the Bear River outside Evanston Wy. for a family camping trip. A couple of nights into the trip I was woken up by a bright light and the voice of a woman calling my name. When I opened my eyes I say standing in front of the tent door the figure of my Great Grandmother from my Fathers side of the family. She wanted to let my know that she was thinking of me and wanted me to have a very happy birthday. I said thanks and that I loved her, then went promptly back to sleep. The next day I was excited to tell the entire family that Nanna had come to wish me a happy birthday. There was a bit of "oh that's nice son" and "I hope you thanked her" then nothing much more was said on the subject. Two days later when we returned home we were informed that Nanna had died the very day she had come to see me.
From that time on I would seldom be alone, and would often be visited by what I now refer to as transient spirits. Often the spirits of children who had passed and wanted to have someone to play with or to talk to. I thought nothing of it and would often talk to them until well into the night. For most of my youth I had one or two companions that would stay in the home I grew up in for years at a time. When I reached the age of seven I started to have dreams of events that would transpire days later. My most poignant experience was the dream I had of my second grade teacher falling off a ladder during a snow storm. Two days later while hanging paper snow flakes from the ceiling in class he fell from the ladder breaking his arm. Before you ask, no I have never seen the lotto or Powerball numbers. Do you honestly think I'd still be a janitor if I could. Alas the only things I tend to see of the future are rather mundane.
Later in my preteen years I had begun to really understand the nature of the things I was seeing. Before I didn't understand that the people I was seeing were dead. Then things started to get interesting a small child that I called Dan started to be a regular nightly visitor along with a teenage boy that I didn't really get along with but he hung around anyways. At the time I didn't know how to get rid of the negative spirits that understood that I could see them. Anyways some nights Dan would get really agitated and move things around my room. Toys would stack themselves in the middle of my bed while I was sleeping books would fall off shelves in the night...you get the point. Anyways that's when I realized that Dan wasn't angry he was trying to get my attention. Somewhere along the line a very negative spirit, I dare say evil spirit had taken up residence in the house and was leeching of the energy that Dan and I were giving to each other by our interaction. Soon this entity for want of a better word, today I still don't know if this spirit had been corporeal so I use the term entity for those particular energies, started to use these energies to terrorize me and collect the other two spirits to increase its strength. This would continue on to the day that I moved out of the house and went to live with my Mother. It actually tried to follow me and keep up the harassment, but it seemed unable to make the journey and soon gave up.
When my Father remarried for the third time it was to a woman who would help eventually to guide me through understanding the nature of "my gift". She happened to be a Pagan and practicing witch. When she asked me if I had been aware of the spirits that resided in my Fathers house. I was elated. I told her all about Dan and even the evil spirit that had tormented me for years. That they were still there and were very unhappy about her being there. Donna had a knack for seeing and interacting with spirits as well. She would give me advice on how to guard against the bad ones and interact positively with the good ones. I was even able to share with her my ability to have dreams come true. She would eventually steer me towards learning to read the Tarot to increase these gifts, and eventually help others with this gift.
Still to this day I rarely have a day were there isn't at least one spirit or another wandering through my apartment for a chat. Sometimes they are an unwanted distraction in my life that I have to kick out when they decide to stay and cause trouble, but mostly they are transients in nature and pass by without any fuss.
There have been times when the entitys are of a malicious nature and more then one has tried to enter my physical being. In essence trying to posses me. Nothing is more frightening then having a spirit try to push you out of your own body to take it over. Usually I have a very bad migraine for at least a day after these episodes. Then its back to placing wards around my apartment and myself.

So here is my theory on spirits entities and general bugaboos.
First what most people perceive as spirits usually fall into two categories;
1. Echoes, these are the culmination of  factors such as places that are scenes of great tragedy ie. battlegrounds, hospitals, or just large buildings that see a lot of stress or tension amongst its day to day inhabitants.
2. Actual spirits of the dead that have for some reason or another remained earthbound

Then there are the noncorporeal entities, those that have never been a physical being on this plane of existence. Those tend to be the truly evil ones and if you have the notion of looking for or interacting with these I suggest you get your head examined first.

Well heck I guess I've run on about this subject for about as long as I can tolerate for now. There is more but I think that it will have to wait until my next post.
So thanks for reading if you still are and as always,
God bless...whichever God that may be.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you lay this out - I'd like to know your views on reincarnation! Perhaps the next blog post? I've had several 'companion' spirits around, some can be pretty helpful when you need them. Then the malicious ones - they are terrifying!!!

    ReplyDelete